Thread: breeding pairs of german blue rams for sale

breeding pairs of german blue rams for sale

my rams that freeswam on 4/2 are starting to pair up.i have had 3 pairs lay eggs in the grow out tank so far and anticipate more pairs forming.i am trying to gage how much interest there would be in them at 30 dollars a pair.you would be getting fish that have already laid eggs together but not hatched as they are still in hard water .i would want considerably more for proven pairs.these fish have been in my hard water(390 ppm and 8.4 ph since second day freeswimming) and i guarantee that you won't find any hardier anywhere else.i would deliver to the meeting.
    i am currently keeping and breeding blue rams and angelfish and a couple of different tanganikan cichlids

here are the parents.this is one of the most colorful females i have ever had.photos are not retouched(i wouldnt know how)dont know why the blue looks so freaky
    Last edited by electric eel; 06-13-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    i am currently keeping and breeding blue rams and angelfish and a couple of different tanganikan cichlids

if you want some local tank bred rams better grab em now.i'm going to start doing angels again and probably wont have enough tank space to do both so this may well be the last batch.i am one of the few people i know of that grow them out in hardwater almost all the people that sell rams on the internet live in places where the water is soft right out of the tap which is fine if you have soft water not so good if you want to put them in hard water.

Monster Fish GCAS Member
    Board Member

Dude, I love these rams. Not only are they very healthy fish, but an hour after I put them in my tank one of the pairs spawned for me. I watched them for about half an hour. And the other pair was spawning for me this morning when I went in to feed them! Awesome dude.
    There is always a bigger fish. . . . . .

awesome!3 more pairs moved in and took over the corners we took those guys out of and the top of the sponge filter.tempted to break some angelfish breeding slates into pieces and let them spawn on them and artificially hatch them but with that big batch of koi angelfish fry i know i will be crying for tank space in a couple months.i've been down that road before.hopefully i will be smarter now.

Thread Information