August BAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August BAP

One for me - Blood Fin Tetra - Aphyocharax anisitsi. They're 5 weeks old, 1/2" to 9/16". They're eating live BBS. If you're interested, I'd suggest having live BBS ready to feed twice daily.
    Eric Jacobsen
    Dues paying member of GCAS since '06
    Swap Meet Chairman 2009 to 2016

"If you can't do the water changes, then please keep turtles instead." - Gary Lange

Nice Eric! Are these a product of tubbing or tank bred?
    Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

-Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny Llambi View Post
      Nice Eric! Are these a product of tubbing or tank bred?

Tubbing. Nine young adults (3M 6F) in a 150 gallon tub in late May. As the (tiny!) fry came to the surface, they were scooped up and moved to a separate tub. I picked this species to work with because they're inexpensive, and can thrive in harder water as compared to a lot of other tetras. A second tetra tub with 5 Congo Tetras has produced no fry (so far) - but the young adults have grown considerably - and they look REALLY good!

Thanks Lenny,

Eric
      Eric Jacobsen
      Dues paying member of GCAS since '06
      Swap Meet Chairman 2009 to 2016

"If you can't do the water changes, then please keep turtles instead." - Gary Lange

Comment

Nice job Eric
        Jerry R

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I am bringing 6 Daisy rice fish Blue eyed rice fish Medaka species. Tub raised 29 gallon about 50 days old on average the females lay just a couple eggs every 5-6 days.

Mike G

Comment

Working...
            X